Thursday, February 11, 2016

Off Broadway Shows

I am so excited to share one of my favorite things with you today, Broadway! To say I'm an addict is an understatement. I went to my first show a few short years ago, and was instantly hooked! We saw a few in New York City, but most of the shows I have seen are right here in Texas! That's right, you can see an array of shows in a city near you! We typically frequent Bass Hall in Fort Worth or Music Hall at Fair Park in Dallas, but there are other venues in the area, as well as options in Austin (also fairly close to us), Houston, and San Antonio. Productions put on traveling shows each year, that tour the country, and it is such a treat!








My favorite is Bass Hall in Fort Worth. However, it tends to be much pricier than Music Hall, so we tend to gravitate towards Dallas. The distance is the same for us, so that is usually a deciding factor. I prefer balcony seats, better views in my opinion and views are not obstructed by the heads in front of you, and at Music Hall you can get seats as cheap as $25 sometimes! Can't beat that. But as you can see above, Bass Hall is stunningly beautiful!  The building is an icon to the city, as you can see why. The angels are breathtaking. At Bass Hall we have seen How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Jersey Boys, and Beauty and the Beast.







 Though Music Hall at Fair Park isn't as beautiful, it's much bigger, easier to get in and out of, and, like I said, great prices! Typically we can get 3 tickets for an Off Broadway show at Music Hall for the price of one at Bass Hall. Big difference! The majority of the shows we have seen have been at Music Hall. We've seen Kinky Boots, Mamma Mia, The Little Mermaid, The Sound of Music, Dirty Dancing, and more are on our list! This is such a fun thing for a girls night out or even date night. I had never been to a Broadway production until not long ago, and I am hooked! It is truly magical! Grab your girls or your guy and head out to dinner and a show near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment