Monday, October 24, 2016

Thanksgiving Square • Downtown Dallas

Monday again!!? Can't say I am too excited about it, but I did have a great weekend! I hope yours was good as well. We had a fine time in a sweet little town full of boutiques, antique shops, and B&Bs. Our weekend in Salado was spent shopping, spending quality time together, and making blown glass pumpkins which was the star of the weekend. I'll be sharing more details on our weekend early next week, but, in the meantime, I still have a bit to share from our time in Dallas. Today, I'm sharing one of my favorite stops, Thanksgiving Square in Downtown Dallas.


This breathtakingly beautiful spot is a garden and chapel located right in the middle of the concrete jungle, and is a place for all people of all walks of life of all religions to come to reflect and find solace. The grounds features a tranquil garden with a reflection pool and stone waterfall, as well as beautiful stone work with various quotes and scriptures carved throughout. Another beautiful part are windows etched with lovely quotes from various religions, leaders, and nationalities.

The star of the square is the stunning, stunning Thanksgiving Chapel. It is a spiraled chapel, with a sidewalk that wraps up and around the chapel to the entrance. Once inside, prepare to have your breath taken away! You'll be greeted by an absolutely beautiful stained glass ceiling, that is spiraled itself. It is one of the most beautiful stained glass works I've ever seen! Truly breathtaking! I think what makes this spot the most beautiful is that it is for everyone. How wonderful would the world be if there were more places like that?! Amazing to imagine!

I hope you'll enjoy my photos of Thanksgiving Square, and I hope you'll visit if you have the chance. It's truly a stunning and peaceful place to visit. Until tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment