Wednesday, October 14, 2015

State Fair of Texas

Happy hump day to you! I hope you enjoyed yesterday's bit on Victoria. I can't wait to share more of that great town with you--soon! Today, I want to switch gears for a bit. I know we are smack dab in the middle of National Plan a Cruise Month, but Lovely and I went to the State Fair of Texas on Sunday, and I wanted to share the fun day we had! On our drive there and back, we talked about how we have such great adventures together, and that we love doing things together even right at home, in Texas at least. A big thing on my bucket list is to explore more in Texas, that's where the "Discovering Home" posts come in. I've talked about it before but I'll say it again, even though we tend to dream of those far away destinations, I think it's so important to not forget about the places right in our backyard. So that being said, Lovely & I carved out a whole day together (those are few and far between for us), and hit the road!


We arrived fairly early, around 10am, and the temperatures were still mild. We enjoyed rides on the Texas Star Ferris Wheel and Skyway across the midway first thing before the lines got too long. The lines and people piled in as the temps got hotter. We hit nearly 100 degrees in Dallas that day! Not Fall or October by any means around here! We enjoyed our time nonetheless. Lovely enjoyed telling me stories of his times at the fair was a kid and young adult with FFA and horse showing, as always I enjoyed hearing them. A highlight for us was seeing the new Ford trucks and new GMC Yukons, and dreaming about them of course! We packed a lot into our short time there, here's a look at a few things we did.



 The famous Texas Star. The tallest amusement ride in the Western Hemisphere. 
I love that it stays up all year long, and am tickled I finally got to ride it.

 Views from the Skyway ride.

Dallas Skyline from the Texas Star

 You can't go to the State Fair without a Fletcher's corny dog, with mustard of course!

How we roll in Texas! Can you see all of those turkey legs!?! #legsfordays

Deep fried red velvet cupcake
Hello Heaven!! Highly recommend this yummy treat!

 Texas Wine Garden Canopy
So cute!

This was a treat, the West High School Junior Historians!
I used to be one of them!

 Toyota's Car of the Future...
I hope not!!

Beautiful Art Deco (my favorite) architecture in Fair Park

 My obligatory photo with Big Tex, the mascot of the State Fair of Texas!
Lovely & I on the Texas Star

We had such a great time together, and many laughs as usual. I love our adventures together, near & far, big & small. We have so many more places we want to explore in Texas, especially in Dallas! We are hoping later this month to mark off a few more. Perhaps I need to put together a "Dallas Bucket List" to share! I'll work on that! Thanks so much for stopping by today. I'll be back for more cruising soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment