Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Central Park

Hey there! I'm so excited you are here today as I'm sharing one of my favorite places in New York City, Central Park. Think about it, one of the largest cities in the world full of skyscrapers, taxi cabs, millions of people, and smack dab in the middle is this HUGE, AMAZING park preserving beautiful of nature, an escape from the concrete jungle surrounding it. As with many things in NYC, we didn't get to spend as much time here as we'd liked. I'm convinced that I need to pack up & move to The Big Apple to see it all! But even still, we enjoyed every bit of the snow blanketed meadows, ponds, trees, and bridges we did see! We decided to make things extra magical with a short carriage ride through part of the park (should've paid for the longer one, but you live & learn..perhaps you can learn from my shortcomings). We also walked (and rode) along the famous 5th Avenue side of Central Park, seeing the walkway you often catch glimpses of in movies. I can't offer much advice for Central Park other than take some time to soak in its magnitude & beauty. Sit on a bench, look around, reflect, take photographs, but don't forget to take in, with your own eyes, what you are photographing, you won't regret that!


Me alongside 5th Avenue & Central Park

Central Park at 6th Avenue & Center Drive

My mom & the 107th Infantry Memorial

Snow blanketed Central Park & Gapstow Bridge
One of my favorite photographs from our entire trip.

A Central Park staple, pigeons!

Snow Blanketed Central Park

If you are interested in more information on New York City you can contact me here to book your own Big Apple vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment