Monday, November 16, 2015

New York City Museums

10 days!?! Seriously, how do 10 days go by without me being here!!? Does it make it better that I have been working hard on amazing things to share with you! I have tons of NYC details to share with you, and big plans for December as well. I'm so glad you're on this ride with me! I truly, truly enjoy sharing travels with you, and helping you make your travel dreams come true. Along with kicking my to do list's butt, I have been help lots of folks plan trips of their dreams, and I can't even put into words how much joy that brings me! So MAJOR thanks for allowing me to help you whether it's hands on, or just by you taking advice on what you read here. I am truly grateful you're here! So, let's get to more New York City!


One of the things on our itinerary were a couple of museums. Now, let me preface by saying, there isn't enough time in the day to see everything in every museum in The City, but we picked a couple & just saw what was most interesting to us, well me honestly. :] I wanted to check out the Guggenheim, but there just wasn't time. We DID see the outside, so I got close. Maybe next time. But you really have to accept that there just isn't enough time. So about that, we picked those couple, narrowed down the "must see" exhibits for us, and went after it! We chose The Metropolitan Museum of Art, commonly referred to as "The Met", and The Museum of Modern Art, commonly referred to as the "MoMA". For time's sake, we narrowed down what we wanted to see in each, and just focused on that. Now, DO NOT get me wrong, we would have LOVED to see more, especially at The Met, but time truly just did not allow, even for a 7 day long trip. I've just added them to my "see next time" list. So, my advice here is to remember you really can't see it all. Narrow things down ahead of time, choose a few things ahead of time. For The Met, we decided upon arrival what we wanted to see, and chose the Egyptian exhibits. For the MoMA, we chose Van Gogh's Starry Night, Picasso, Monet, and Andy Warhol. When we arrived at the MoMA, we knew exactly where to go, what floor, etc. They have an amazing website with all of the paintings and their exact locations in the museum listed. So, that is how we new exactly where to go, and got more bang for our time! While you're there, don't forget to take a few minutes and really let it sink in what you are seeing, whether it be thousands of years old Egyptian artifacts or THE Starry Night by Van Gogh, soak it in, enjoy it! :)

What is my museum advice in a nutshell?
1) Choose a museum or two
2) Decide how much time you have
3) Choose an exhibit or two to focus on
4) Plan ahead: find out exactly where the exhibits you want to see are in the museum
5) Enjoy! 

Along with that, I hope you enjoy these photos from our highlights at The Met & MoMA. 
  








If you are interested in more information on New York City you can contact me here to book your own Big Apple vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment