Thursday, July 28, 2016

South Padre Island • Trip Highlights

Hi there! I hope this week has been good to you. I'm wrapping my work week up, and getting ready for a fun filled weekend. We are heading to the water park tomorrow, and that should be a great time However, I'm truly longing for the beach, but some fun posts about South Padre Island will have to do for now. :)


We've been to this famous Spring Break destination a couple of times, but the trip I want to share is a special one. For our honeymoon, we made the long 10 hour drive to a condo, which we were gifted a stay at, on South Padre Island. It wasn't the ideal honeymoon in my mind, but it was still beautiful and we were together, which is all that matters. Since we were there in late April, the weather wasn't particularly the best, but we made the most of it. We found things to do indoors when necessary, and took advantage of the sun when it was out. There are so many things to do and see on the island and in the neighboring areas, and it's sugary sand is what dreams are made of.

Though the beaches were pretty messy from the wind dredging up seaweed while we visited, the beach cleaners did a great job if keeping it well kept. The water temp was perfect for a quick dip, and scenery was as dreamy as ever. In addition to sunning and swimming, we enjoyed many other water and beach activities, including horseback riding, dolphin watching, eco-tour boat rides, and fishing. We also played kids again for a few hours on a fun pirate ship! My favorite part of the trip, aside from being together of course, was visiting Sea Turtle, Inc. a sea turtle rescue facility on the island.

I'll be back tomorrow with more in depth details from our trip there. For now, I hope you'll enjoy these photo highlights!

If you are interested in more ideas for things to do on South Padre Island you can contact me here to book your own beach vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment