Friday, July 29, 2016

SPI Horseback Riding

Hi there again! I'm really excited to share today's post with you. It's an item from my 30B430 list, and one of the very first I crossed off. Horseback riding on the beach has always sounded so dreamy to me, and what better time to do it than on your honeymoon. So that is just what we did! We found a sweet little stable company on the far north end of the island to take us on our journey, and boy did they deliver! Our ride took us on the sea side of the island along the beach, and around to the bay side through marshes. It was so beautiful, and such a great contrast to see both landscapes.


The ride was a fairly long one, a couple of hours if I remember correctly, and the immense butt and thigh pain was well worth the views & experience. Yes, it had been many, many years since I'd ridden, so I way pretty miserable by the end of the ride. Again, totally worth it, and I'd do it again! We elected to do a sunset ride, and the weather was perfect. We enjoyed breezes along the beach, and amazing sunset backdrops along the banks of the bay. You can find a variety of options for horseback riding on SPI. Since it can get pretty warm during the days in Texas, I'd recommend the sunset ride as we did. No matter what you choose, you'll love the experience!

If you are interested in more ideas for things to do on South Padre Island you can contact me here to book your own beach vacation!



No comments:

Post a Comment