Monday, March 27, 2017

Where I've Been

My, it has been awhile! I never intended on taking such a long hiatus from sharing details & tips on our trips, but life has just happened. It has been quite an eventful few months, and only going to get crazier! I'm going to let the photos do the talking to share with you where I've been, and what we've been up to.

Where I left off: our trip to NYC in December.
We enjoyed a wonderful week in the Big Apple! I got to explore things I didn't the first time,
enjoyed even more Broadway shows, and, of course, loved the Christmas spirit of the city! 

At the end of last year/the beginning of this year, I started a new career.
I still work at the same place, but have been blessed with a position utilizing my degree.
Bonus: this amazing window & view!

 Back in February, I went on a weekend crafting retreat. It was much needed creative & friend time!

Back in September, I got a new car with the plans to have it wrapped.
The wrap proof has been approved, and should be coming soon!

 I have been working super hard with Discovereighng with Dana (outside of the blog),
and it has been showing! I am reaching goals I've set, and can't wait to see this venture grow!

 Over Spring Break, me & a couple of work friends ventured to Memphis, Tennessee.
It was a BLAST! At the top of our list was to see Graceland. Accomplished!
This has been a long time dream for me & one of the other ladies, 
and we were so excited to finally mark this off of our bucket list.

Early this month, I made the decision to let me Stampin' Up! business go for now.
I'll continue to create cards & scrapbook and use their wonderful products, 
but for now I won't be a demonstrator anymore. 
With everything going on, it just wasn't something I could keep up with any longer.
I am, however, looking forward to creating just for creating's sake.

Last weekend, we took a day to just be together, enjoy the weather, and throw our cares to the wind.
We enjoyed the day at the Heart of Texas Air Show in Waco where I got a killer sunburn.
I'll share more on the whole thing soon!

 Discovereighng with Dana Travel now has published ads!
Starting this month, I have ads featured in the Central Texas magazines
Bliss Bridal Magazine & Modern Texas Living Magazine (formerly Bliss Lifestyle).
 I'm excited for the collaboration, and can't wait to see how many more families/couples I can help!

Last, but more definitely not least as it is the most major thing going on in our lives right now,
we are saying goodbye to our home, in a big way!
Tomorrow she is slated to be burned down. #likewoah
For the past 6-8 months, we have been toying with our options regarding our home. 
The foundation has been a continuous problem, even after leveling time & time again.
We were torn as to whether we finish our remodel, or start new.
After the kitchen sink pipe busting for about the 4th time, Lovely was done.
We made the final decision to tear down the house a couple of months ago,
and it has been a whirlwind since!
We finalized new house plans, moved into our shop apartment, formerly my craft studio, #hellodownsizing
and will begin building our new home within the next month.
We were a bit sad to have to had to make this decision,
but the more time goes on (problems arise with the old house), the happier we are!
We know this is going to be so wonderful for us, no more things breaking, no more house repairs,
just a beautiful new home, that is ours. 
So far things have gone smoothly, we agree on most design elements, style, and look of our home,
and can't wait to get started on the new home!
We are truly ecstatic for our future with our new home!

As you can see things have been pretty wild around here, but I can't wait to see where life takes us!
Thank you for stopping by. I'll be back later this week with more on the air show in Waco and next week with Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment