Friday, April 21, 2017

Mount Rainier • Seattle

Hiya friends, we made it to Friday! Boy am I glad! It has been a long stressful week. I honestly need to figure out a better method to all of my madness, and managing time even better. But more often than not, even with great time management, there just isn't enough time in the day. However, I love getting to sit down from my busy day, and share what I love most here, traveling! Today, I'm continuing on with our adventures in Seattle with our guided tour around Mount Rainier National Park.


Mt. Rainier is one of the dreamiest places I've ever seen. Between the snow and the evergreen trees, I felt like I was in the North Pole, sans the toys & Santa Claus! This was my first time seeing mountains with snow, so I was definitely in another world. And boy did the snow deliver! Even though we visited at the end of April/beginning of May, the snow was stacked nearly as tall as we were! I haven't seen THAT much snow in my whole life combined, but then again, I am from Texas!

Anyway, let's get to it. Today, I thought I would share a few tips I have for visiting the park. There are factors to consider when visiting, such as the weather, park closures, the type of tour you want to take, and more.


1. Know the Season
Even in mid-Spring, most of the park was still closed because of the snow. We were able to travel as far up as Paradise. Be sure to check what areas of the park will be open when you decide to visit. Most of the roads stay covered in snow, with close to the peak only opening in the Summer. The lodges found at Paradise, about half way up, open only for the Summer months. You'll also want to check the weather for on the mountain when you visit. It may be warm in Seattle, but very cold on Mount Rainier. Keep the weather in mind with footwear as well. You don't want cold, wet toes from the snow.


2. Guided or Self-Paced
Decide if you want to do a guided tour, or come up with your own itinerary and drive the park with a rental car. We decided on a guided tour, booked with one of my tour operators (if you need one, feel free to contact me), and we couldn't have been more pleased! We had a very knowledgeable guide, saw tons of highlights within the park, and did not feel rushed at all. We also enjoyed stopped outside of the park as well. It was worth the money and time we would've spent planning our own itinerary. Our tour began from hotel pick up to hotel drop off, and was truly worth it! If you elect to plan your own itinerary, start with the park's website, viewing the maps, and what is open during the season you'll be visiting. Get the most our of your visit, by hitting the high points early on the way up to beat the crowds!


3. Enjoy Nature
While you're in the park, you'll notice there isn't much sign of technology other than the visiting cars & visitor's center. Enjoy this time away from the constraints of modern day living by taking your time, and truly take in the world around you. God has blessed us with these beautiful sights, and it's our blessing to enjoy them. Mount Rainier National Park is the perfect place to do so, with the lush trees, stunning waterfalls, mountains at every turn, and, on the right day, dreamy blankets of snow, you're sure to find a moment to enjoy everything this world has to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment