Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Future of Flight + Boeing • Seattle

Welcome back! I hope you had a great weekend and a great week so far. Mine has been super busy, but it's going by quickly. I'm looking forward to a little craft retreat this weekend, which also means I'll have the chance to catch up on a few Discovereighng with Dana Travel work things. I'm excited you're back today! I'm sharing one of the hidden gems of my time in Seattle. Aviation is Lovely's thing, but I'll admit I was intrigued by all of the airplane things happening there.


Seattle is a major hub for a little aviation company you may have heard of, Boeing. All around the city & suburbs you'll spot buildings bearing the company's name. Whether it be factories, training stations, offices, or museums, there is something at every turn. One of the museums & the factory tour was a spot we definitely wanted to check out.

So Lovely was able to visit the Boeing Factory during his training, but we also took the tour and went to the Future of Flight Museum at the same location. This is not to be confused with the Museum of Flight in Seattle. The Future of Flight Museum & Boeing Factory are located a little farther north in Everett. The drive, though not far at all, was completely worth it for the factory tour!

I'm going to be honest here... The museum didn't wow us. However, the Boeing Factory tour blew my socks off!!! I had NO idea how large a 747 airplane is, which you can get an idea of from the photo of Lovely & plane's tail! We got to see it up close & in person on the assembly line. I'd seen them flying before and parked at gates at the airport, but I didn't quite get just how big they were until the tour. The factory was amazing in that there are literally billions of parts around to make up each of these planes, and they crank out multiple planes a month of various kinds, 747s, 767s, 777s, and 787s! We also caught glimpses of the brand new Boeing 787 Dreamliner which you can now fly on within the U.S. and even on long haul flights. While the museum was a little underwhelming, the factory tour was a major highlight, and is definitely worth checking out! Unfortunately, photos are not allowed on the tour, but I hope you'll enjoyed these photos from the museum and outdoor area of the factory.

Thank you for stopping by, and be sure to add this to your Seattle itinerary!

No comments:

Post a Comment