Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Space Needle • Seattle

Hump day!! I'm super excited because today is actually my Friday! #woohoo As I mentioned earlier this week, I'm heading out on a retreat tomorrow, and I'm excited to get some work done as well as crafty time! I have lots of travel work I need to get done, and I am hella behind on scrapbooking. Anyway, today I'm here to share one of the last places from our Seattle visits, the Seattle Space Needle.


The needle was made back in the 60s for the World's Fair, and it's been a defining landmark of the Seattle skyline ever since! We couldn't leave this off of our places to visit, and bonus that we had amazing weather! I've talked about it before, but I spent two separate weekends in Seattle while Lovely was at a 2 month training there. During my first visit, the skies were so clear we could see Mt. Rainier from the observation deck. That was a special treat! From the photos, it looks like a mountain suspended in the clouds, but it is the real deal, snow capped and all. You'll also notice photos from my second visit, which didn't deliver quite as good of weather, that Mt. Rainier is nowhere in site. Quite amazing that the weather has such an effect on our line of sight. Pesky misty rain clouds.

Anyway, both of our visits to the needle were smooth sailing! We used the Space Needle app to purchase our tickets for a set time. So there was zero waiting in line, no surprises, just walk on up, show your electronic ticket, and begin your 41 second ride to the top! There is an inside viewing area, as well as the outside observation deck. You'll also find shops, the famous rotating restaurant, and an electronic map (where you can list where you are visiting from to be added to a pin on the map) at the top of the needle.

We also enjoyed the area below the Space Needle, often referred to as Seattle City Center. You'll find shops, outdoor vendors, street performers, museums, and more. We ended up having a caricature drawn of us there. So fun! :) Anyway, the Space Needle is definitely a spot to visit, especially if you can go on a sunny day. We did not purchase tickets in advance, just on the app, the day of, once even just 45 minutes before our purchased ticket time so we didn't have to wait in line and could spend the time exploring below the needle instead! Hope you enjoy the photos, and the tips about the app. I'll be back tomorrow with my last spot in Seattle, and it just so happens to be my favorite! See ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment