Thursday, August 25, 2016

SPI Wrap Up

Welcome back! I'm flying high in the sky on my way to Jamaica as you're reading this, and I'm so excited for this trip. As I talked about Tuesday, I'll be doing site visits and training with Sandals Resorts, and I'm so thrilled to bring what I learn back to clients. If you want to follow along on my trip in {semi} real time, follow me on Facebook & Instagram. On Facebook I'll be sharing lots of photos, info, and live videos, and on Instagram catch me on Insta Story and regular photo posts. In the meantime, it's time to wrap up our fun trip to South Padre Island, Texas.


Though it is a bit of a drive from our home just outside of Waco, Texas, getting there is half the fun. From most places in Texas, you'll drive through Austin, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, through THE King Ranch, and on to South Padre. There's also a nearby airport in Harlingen for easy access, which I know many people who go this route then rent a car. Once you've arrived, there is plenty to do, as I've shared the past couple of weeks. Here's a quick recap:

Trip Highlights: Catch the best of the best from our whole trip in one place. 
Horseback Riding on the Beach: Ride horses along the beach and bay as the sunsets, or catch a morning ride for a cool breeze. 
SPI Birding and Nature Center: Even if you're not into bird watching, you will be once you leave here! Learn about the different birds that migrate through, and watch for a few along their amazing nature walk.
SPI Beach: Long sugary sand beaches and clear, blue waters give you a taste of Florida or Mexico without the flight!
Dolphin Watch and Eco-Tour: Get a look at life under the sea with a dolphin watch and ecological tour of the bay in South Padre. Get hands on with your "catch" and watch the dolphins frolic and play.
Sea Turtle Rescue: Probably my favorite spot on SPI, this amazing organization rescues sea turtles who are ill, harmed by human presence, or just need a helping hand. The rescue, rehabilitate, and release, and you can see the turtles during their rehabilitation process here.

If you are interested in more ideas for things to do on South Padre Island you can contact me here to book your own beach vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment